Willis Towers Watson is a leading provider of insurance, reinsurance and risk management services to the construction industry. For contractors, owners, construction professionals, project financiers and special purpose companies worldwide, we offer the following products and solutions:
- Project-specific coordinated programs, including contractor and owner-controlled insurance programs as well as rolling programs
- Contractor global programs
- Individual covers
- Construction/Erection “All Risks”
- Employer’s Liability
- Third-Party Liability
- Advance Loss of Profits/Delay in Start Up
- Private Finance Initiative/Public Private Partnership Risk Solutions
- Construction project insurance
- Risk management/consultancy
- Claims management and consultancy
- Subcontractor Default insurance
- Professional Indemnity/Professional Liability
- Marine Cargo Delay in Start Up
Willis Towers Watson has made a special commitment to this industry in North America with a strong presence in more than 35 major cities in the U.S. and Canada. We anticipate trends and issues in the construction industry and develop strategies for our clients to use to improve risk profiles, lower cost and add profit through customized risk management and financing programs.
We lead by product and service innovations, which include:
- Products such as Subguard (to manage subcontractor default risk)
- Branded Builders Risk Policies
- Software to manage projects from a risk management standpoint such as Wrap Trac
- Integrated Umbrella policies, which include coverages typically insured elsewhere, such as Professional Liability and Environmental risk.
In addition to new products, we also provide the following services:
- Risk Management – We design and implement programs for national accounts for Property and Casualty. In addition we develop best practices, design and markets new products, act as a liaison to the rest of Willis and manage corporate level carrier relations.
- Wrap Up – Responsible for selling and servicing project-specific insurance programs including OCIPs, CCIPs and variations on these.
- Surety – We manage carrier relations, lead sales efforts on major surety clients, developing and implementing best practices for surety.
- Professional/Environmental – We have national leaders in this area who act as product resources to clients.
For more information about our Construction capabilities, please click here.
To see a listing of our Construction publications, please click here.
Contact person in Vancouver